Self-employed Village-based Advisors (VBAs)
The appropriate Inputs and information are disseminated to farmers through VBAs.
- typically hard-working, selfless farmers
- selected by, and therefore trusted by, farmers in their Villages.
VBAs are taught:
- good crop/soil management,
- climate-smart technologies
- how to teach all farmers in their Villages, and
- how to make money from input supply and related services.
Most importantly, VBAs are able to generate enough income and are able to continue to offer their services to farmers after the end of a project.
Apart from benefiting from becoming better farmers, VBAs make money from a range of services which include: